Image Carousel Widget Mobile Sizing?

Hello,

New here and wanted to use the image carousel widget to display images for my professional design portfolio. It works great on desktop view, however when displayed on mobile devices, the sides of the images seem to be cut off.

I need the full width of the images to be displayed on all layouts as there are a lot of graphics and text on the images and it will look very unprofessional if they are cut off.

Please let me know if it is possible to display the full image length on mobile for the image carousel, or if I should seek business elsewhere.

Thank you!

Jason

Hey @Jason, how are you?

You can adjust the settings for mobile with our responsive editor:

Hi Daniel

Thank you for the reply.

The main issue I am having is some of the images I want to display in the carousel are different sizes, (i.e. some vertical and some horizontal.

Is there a way to have the carousel set up so that no matter what, the image is always displayed in full without being cut off?

The best way I can explain what I am trying to achieve is like having the carousel itself always be a certain aspect ratio, but fitting each image within that box. Kind of like if you had a square television set and no matter if the video was horizontal or vertical, the fill picture would always be displayed within the confines of the TV with those black boxes on either side.

Hope this explains it better.

Thank you!

1 Like

@Jason since the screen size is dynamic, we always try to adjust the size of the video / image to fit it so in some cases it’s being cut off. You can set a fixed width and height to the carousel items to make sure you keep the ratio you want (change “Items to Show” to “Auto”, then set manually the item’s width and height):

So there’s no way to have individualized sizing for each photo? I understand what you’re saying but it would still cut off parts of the images if I make the height and width a certain size.

For example something like this

Oh got it. Unfortunately no, not at the moment, but we’ll check it that’s possible with our current widget somehow.

Ok thank you for clarifying

1 Like

I don’t have that icon on my dashboard. On the Essentials Plan I can’t enjoy the adaptability of the widget?

@TonyFly which widget are you looking to use?

Social Media Links

On the desktop it’s fine, but on my mobile phone the icons are very small, too small. If you make them normal on the phone, they will be huge on the desktop

Got it. Thanks for reporting. We’ll add the responsive editor support for this widget later on this week :slight_smile: