Catalog Image not responsive

I think there needs to be a way to allow the whole image to load and fill the mobile container like it does on desktop. How it is now it’s like you’d have to create two separate size images then custom code it to put both images in for desktop and mobile. As you can see in my attached images, on desktop this image loads and looks exactly how we want it. But then on mobile, the image gets all cut off and doesn’t look good at all. The size of the frame and card and everything on mobile is just fine, it’s just the image I wish would format properly. The design we want looks good, but we’re forced to do a lazy design and just slap a logo right in the middle of the background image to at least make show up properly on all devices. Wish it would just upload as is when uploaded and look correct on mobile like it does desktop. *apparently new users can only embed one image at a time in this bug report. Look for the second image on the follow up report.

Thanks for reporting, @mdawg is there a place where we can see the issue live?

Not at this time as it’s our preview site. But what’s happening is we’ll design one image and when plugged in on desktop it looks great. But then how it formats to mobile it cuts it all off. Here’s the image. Try plugging it in and then open the preview on an actual phone and you’ll see what I mean:

Have you tried to use the responsive editor?

Yes I have done that. How it looks on mobile is not the issue. The container, padding etc all looks fine. It’s how it’s displaying the image within the container and cutting it off is the problem.

Can you share your widget ID here? That would be very helpful.

eb2fa6eb-f3e3-4769-a53a-1246d4ed7af2

I couldn’t find any specific issue, but to prevent that, you can change the height of the cover image on mobile.

Ok I’ll try that. Can you please screenshot where to do that?

Also, any luck on the dropdown category filters for mobile for the catalog?

We’re working on a solution on mobile for the filters menu, as for the screenshot, see below:

Any update on the dropdown filters? Thanks!

@mdawg yes! The feature has been implemented and now available in all catalog / listings widgets :slight_smile:

where can I change the color of the filter for the catalog dropdown on mobile? Not seeing a place for it. You can see in my screenshots that it defaults black, and when expanded it goes white so you can’t even see it again. Can we change these colors?

Thanks for the feedback @mdawg, we’ll add an option to edit the filter’s color as well.

Hey @mdawg!

We wanted to let you know that we’ve added customization options for the filter button. You can now adjust the color and size of both the filter and active filter buttons by navigating to:
Look & Feel → Advanced → Sidebar section:

Additionally, more customization options for the filter and active filter buttons are available in the Custom subtab under the Look & Feel tab for your convenience.

1 Like

I see the sidebar, but the filter button size is not showing up on my end at all. I don’t see the options in your screenshot.

Hey @mdawg

Thank you for pointing it out!
Try refreshing your editor, the settings should be visible now :slightly_smiling_face: