How to Improve Page Load Speed with Custom Widgets?

Hey everyone,

I am building a website and using a few custom widgets to enhance functionality. While these widgets are super helpful I have noticed that they seem to be slowing down my page load speed. I am looking for advice on optimizing these widgets without sacrificing their functionality.

Are there specific best practices or tools that you recommend for minimizing the impact of custom widgets on site performance. Any tips on lazy loading compressing scripts or other methods to keep things running smoothly.

I would appreciate any insights or suggestions you might have.
I also searched this topic on this website https://www.hostinger.in/tutorials/website-speed-optimization-golang but I could not found anything helpful for me.
Thanks in advance

Cheers,
[Nancy]

1 Like

Hey Nancy, how are you? Weโ€™re constantly working to improve our widgetsโ€™ performance and they are already being lazy loaded. Where have you seen the effect on the PLS?

Thanks for raising this Nancy! Iโ€™m having similar challenges with my Airtable-integrated widgets.

When my content is loaded natively in CN, the load time is super quick. On the pages where the content is fed from an Airtable base, itโ€™s a fair bit slower, like the one below. If thereโ€™s anything I can do to speed things up (e.g. image file formatting), Iโ€™d love to learn.

Alternatively, might it be possible for CN to store a cache of the integrated Airtable data? I donโ€™t know about your typical user, but in my use case, the records being displayed arenโ€™t hyper time-sensitive (event calendar, news feed, etc). If the widget pulled live data once every 10 visits rather than in real time, it could speed up the load time for more users without meaningfully degrading the quality of information they receive.